Saturday, November 21, 2009

Mom

The Reading Mother
You may have tangible wealth untold: caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
But richer than you can never be, for I had a mother who read to me.This month I've been thinking of all the things I'm thankful for.
Of course I'm thankful for my family and friends, good health, community, etc.
But one thing that has really stood out was my Mom.
There are a million reasons I'm thankful for her, but one is she read
to me when I was little, and I believe as a result I've read to my kids.
And I love the fact that they love books!
Zachary has always loved books. I would read to him every nap time and
every bed time. I haven't been that fortunate with the girls.
However they absolutely love books. Anytime anyone comes
to visit they start dragging out their books, and if you read
them one you read them all.
Mom is the librarian at the elementary school, and I've never met
someone so perfect for their job. Everywhere we go we hear
Miss Lorie, Miss Lorie. I love it.
So this Thanksgiving I'm so very thankful to my Mom
and her love of books.
Love you Mom

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! I love your mom too! What is Zachary's favorite book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, he has so many I'm not sure right now. The girls love hand, hand, fingers thumb. Recently at school an author came and Zachary can't stop talking about it. He checked the guys book out of the library and keeps packing it around! (he can't read it as it's for older kids but he's facinated.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOUR MOM TOO!! Oh wait....she is my mom too!! I LOVE going to the elementary and visiting with her! She is an inspiration to so many people at that school!!

    ReplyDelete