Tuesday, October 4, 2011

WOW!!!!

WOW!!! I've just got to brag. Zachary has been checking out the first Harry Potter book since Kindergarten. Each year I asked my mom why she kept letting him. She told me she thought everyone had the right to check out whatever book they wanted. It has really helped him become a very good reader. He doesn't pick a book by how many points it is, what level, or even how big or how hard it is. He just sees a book he thinks looks good and just well reads! Anyway long story longer he read the first book!!!! I'm just amazed. It's a really big book and he's only seven:) He tested on it for his AR program at school and passed and met his quarterly goal! I love that he loves to read, it makes me a happy momma:) Way to go Zachary.



2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Bridget! My daughter is 6 and she is totally loving to read too and it just delights me so much! Especially since I love reading. Way to go Zachary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Zach! I loved Harry Potter too! In fact, I've read all of them. And that was before I had kids.

    ReplyDelete