Friday, March 18, 2011

We drew a circle that took him in.

Heretic, Rebel, a Thing to Flout
" He drew a circle that shut me out, heretic, rebel, a thing to flout, but LOVE and I had the wit to win, we drew a circle that took him in."
Edwin Markham



My dad passed away Sunday morning. We knew this was going to happen but it has been so hard. He put up a really good fight. We miss him so bad. He was such a good man and he will be missed by all that knew him. We cannot believe the amount of people he knew. Everyone that came to his funeral had a story to tell. He never really realized what a great guy he was and how many people loved him for who he was, I pray he knows now.
His funeral was beautiful. His casket was perfect, Merlin and Stacy do an amazing job. And the Mosdell's are the most wonderful, kindest, compassionate people ever. Morgan asked my Mom what people that don't have the Mosdell's do, she told him she had no idea. There were so many beautiful flowers sent. Thank you everyone for your love this past seven months and especially this week. He was given six months and he lived seven and one day:) Hopefully we can find a new normal. It is going to be hard. We miss him and love him. Rest in peace Daddy.....

8 comments:

  1. I'm so so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you guys must be going through. You're in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry for you loss. Please know your family is in our thoughts and prayers..also will you let your Mom know that we are thinking of her and the rest of you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Michelle and Jamie. You guys are so sweet. I'll let mom know Jamie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post made me cry. He WILL be greatly missed. It is still so weird to think he is gone. I completely agree about the Mosdell's. I just don't know how morticians could get any better than that. It was such a great funeral. I wonderful tribute to a wonderful man. I don't think my Dad realized that he meant so much to so many people either. I think they both do now. I am sure that the two of them are having a grand time up there together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know it Lisa. There is a party in heaven. They were just to good for this world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bridget,
    I just wanted to let you know that Rick and I are so sorry that your dad has passed away. We always asked Brian and Jeanie for updates as to how he was doing. I didn`t personally know him, but it sounds like he was a great person! I haven`t lost either of my parents, but I have lost a brother and it is so hard! Holidays and things will never be the same, and you will always feel there is a bit of a void in your life, but nothing can replace having your own personal guardian angel.
    Know that we are thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Laurie, you guys are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking of you. I am so sorry for your loss. My mom was visiting me when your dad passed and she was very sorry to not be there to pay respects. Thanks for posting and I hope you know you are in our prayers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete