Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bittersweet Memories

My Dad has been diagnosed with stage four colon cancer. It has spread threw most of his liver and into both lungs. In other words he is dying. This news has completly knocked our family on our butts! He is not going to recieve any treatment as this would only prolong the inevitable. So we've been given a very short amount of time to say good bye. We take every moment and cherish it. Family is everything and we've been so blessed to have each other. We are going to try to get together for dinner on Sunday's as long as he feels up to it. The first Sunday Traci cooked for all of us and it was delicious. So this last Sunday I took a turn and we did dutch oven in the back yard. It is so hard to enjoy ourselves because we know some day he's not going to be there with us. So we have bittersweet memories. I love my Dad so very much and I'm going to miss him. But for now he is here and we're living in every moment, good and bad.






My Mom kind of went crazy on us for a minute! It was like she didn't know whether to laugh or cry. So she did a little of both:) I was trying to get a picture of them together and I told her to scoot her chair closer to Dad's. He was nagging at her to not rub the arms together, typical Dad, and we told him to just chill out and she just started to he-haw.












What's a good family get together with out the bull-shit session?




The girls had fun as always playing with the cousins in the back yard.



Grandpa and the boys. Morgan, Dalton, Tyler, Dad and Zachary



And of course the diva's of the family! Keira, Zoe and Jordan.
Also thank you to all of you for your love and support. We truly appreciate all of you.
There IS strength in numbers!





4 comments:

  1. Bridge, That was probably the hardest post I had to read...EVER! and this is also so hard for me to write. I didn't know your dad too well, but I feel like I am loosing a family member. (maybe because your mom has been such a mom to me) anyway, I am thinking of you and your family often. I know you guys have so much support from the whole Valley. I am glad you are making the most of your time! I love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing anyone can say to make you feel any better I'm sure. I'm just really sorry something like this has to happen to you and your family. The only comfort in times like this is the great knowledge we have of eternity and that this life is just a mere pin drop in the grand scheme of things. Just know that you have been in the thoughts and prayers of many, many people including mine. I hope you're doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridgette-this is Lorene used to be Johnson now Briscoe--unsure if you remember me--I am so sorry to hear about your dad--I didn't know you had a blog-Cynthia just told me--I know he will be going somewhere to watch over your family. Take care and God Bless You. here is my blog if you want to visit it. www.bubblingbriscoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bridget- I just love ya! I hate to see you and your family going through this. I know these kind of moments of family are wonderful, and hard at the same time. Your family has been in a LOT of people's prayers... Especially mine! Keep making LOTS of wonderful memories! And if we can do anything, I'm just a phone call (or a short walk around the corner) away. :)

    ReplyDelete